Donnie Loftis is a native of Gaston County. He resides in Gastonia with his wife, Deena who he has been married to for over 43 years. They have one daughter, Kamryn.
Donnie is a lifelong Conservative and Republican who has led a life of service to his community, state, and nation. He is a born- again Christian who attends Life Church in Cramerton and volunteers as the lead AV technician.
Donnie is a 30-year Combat Veteran. He served in the United States Army and the Army National Guard, retiring as an E-8/Master Sergeant. He served two years and five months in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom, with fourteen months on the ground in Iraq where in 2006 he survived an IED attack on the vehicle while conducting combat operations. Donnie earned the Legion of Merit, the Bronze Star along with over 25 other military awards during his service. With the National Guard he deployed on fifteen state duty missions serving North Carolinians during hurricanes, snow blizzards, forest fire and water shortages.
After retiring from the military, he began serving as a civilian as both an elected official and volunteer. Donnie has served or is currently serving in the following capacities:
– Chairman of the CaroMont Board of Directors
– County Commissioner of Gastonia
– Member of the North Carolina House of Representatives representing Gaston County
– United States National Chairman for the Veterans & Service Members Task Force
– Served on the North Carolina Emergency Medical Services Advisory Council
– Served on the Partners Mental Health board
– Served on the National Association of Counties (NACo) on the Justice and Public Safety committee – Served on the Rescue Squad Association, the SARA Local Emergency Planning, and the Fire Commission working with Volunteer Fire Departments in the county
– Currently serves as chairman of the North Carolina chapter of the Interstate Compact on Education Opportunity for Military Children
As a civilian Donnie was awarded the Order of the Long Leaf Pine, (North Carolina’s highest civilian award), and the Old North State Award (the state’s second highest award).
As your Representative in the North Carolina State House Donnie will continue a lifetime of service where he will always fight for and care for the citizens of Gaston County.